Nutrition – Essential for Health and Fitness
FACT: The food we eat plays a vital role in how we look and feel.
When healthy eating habits become a lifestyle, we are healthier, happier, and able to improve both the volume and quality of our physical exercise. Eating well also helps us in our quest to reduce body fat, lose a few pounds, feel more confident and reduce our risk of illness.
As with most things in life, keeping it simple really works. Here are 5 ways to keep your eating simple:
- Don’t be overly restrictive. Don’t overthink it, or waste any of your precious time and energy on fad diets.
- Enjoy a wide variety of minimally processed, whole and fresh foods.
- Observe how you look, feel, and perform based on what you have eaten. Keep a simple food and drink diary for a week – it’s amazing what it can reveal.
- Decide what to eat solely based on the data you collect about yourself.
- The only “rules” come from your body and your experience. Don’t follow a dietary prescription for anyone else’s body.